Wednesday 2 March 2011

Knock! Knock!

Who's There?

Alpaca.

Alpaca who?

Alpaca the suitcase, you pack-a the car!

There is of course a reason for the terrible Alpaca joke but I'll get to that shortly.

Today I rode from work, just for a change. I work in Handforth so it's a different route out into the Cheshire lanes than usual. I headed out from the office in the general direction of Wilmslow. Heading up through Handforth centre and dropping down into Wilmslow town centre. It was gone 4pm so the traffic was warming up. As I got into Alderley Edge the traffic was at a stand still so I dropped of the main road and onto the smaller and much less busy country roads. Bliss.

I found myself by the Plough & Flail




Now the temptation was upon me to stop and have a pint. It's one of the best pubs in Cheshire for food (in my opinion of course) and the beers' not bad either. I thought I should push on though. I only got a few metres before I came across (dun dun duuun), The Alpaca Farm.



They seem to be a bit like Llamas but hairier and without the bad attitude. Anyway, enough about the alpacas.

Moving on. I wove on through the lanes, the sun was getting lower in the sky and I was getting into a good rhythm. The solitude of road riding is one of the things I love. Your mind wanders and it really helps distance yourself from the days' stresses. As I whisked through the back lanes I came back to Wilmslow. I thought I'd strike a course for the airport as the inner geek loves watching them take off and land.  Diving through a gate, slightly off piste, I came the the little service road by the runway.




After stopping to take a couple of photos' there was nothing doing on the aeroplane front so I rode over to Styal mill. Whilst on the way I took the opportunity to take a Danger Panda. Result below.
Funny face pulled for effect obviously. Fortunately the wind didn't change at this point.

A few more miles flew by and before I knew it I was back at work. A few funny looks from people who haven't seem me in fetish gear lycra before but they'll get used to it.

31.1 miles down and a very happy me.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have though that little road bike would have shaken itself to pieces on that access track ;)

    ReplyDelete