Sunday 2 January 2011

Paresseux fromage mangeur

From my previous post you would expect exciting reportage from the steep, rugged slopes of Kinder Scout. Unfortunately my riding partner for the day had been suffering from a, presumably cheese induced, lack of sleep. So was unable to raise himself from his bed.

Not wanting to miss out on a ride but none too keen to be scraped off Jacobs Ladder by Mountain Rescue, I opted for a road ride up to the Peaks. Cold and quite miserable but a little more testing on the legs than the Cheshire Plain. I stopped for a banana and a drink at the cenotaph in Disley. Funny little place, Disley.

I'm going to have a day off tomorrow and go for a walk instead. Probably Hayfield though as Rosies Cafe is ace. 36.5 miles done today though so not too bad.

2 comments: