Tuesday 1 March 2011

Absence makes the bike go slower

It's been a month since my last blog post but fear ye not, I've still been cycling. Albeit not as much as I should have.

Apathy and excuses have been the order of the month of February. I've really struggled to MTFU and ride. I've been out a few times in the last month, which is so far below what I set myself it's not funny.

Sunday 6th Feb -  30 miles on the road, crap weather, so made my excuses and went home to play COD.

We went on holiday for a week to try and get some sun whilst the UK is a freezer.
Me, driving. very interesting.

When we got back I mustered just about enough energy to do another 30 road miles. Out into Cheshire for some flat, cold, windy miles.

Saturday 19th was a little better as me and Bod went up to Glossop to meet up with Steve to do a nice MTB route. Led by Goat Boy we spent the next 5 hours and 20 miles climbing up bridleways between Glossop, Marple and Hayfield. Finally coming back over Chunal and dropping back into Glossop tired, cold and very dirty.

My bike and clothing needed the better part of an hour and a half of cleaning. To be fair I didn't do it until the day after...

A dip in moral following a tiring week a work followed and I had to be coerced into riding the following weekend by Bod. We headed upto Rivington for a small ride. We only covered around 10 miles but got an absolute ton of climbing in. As everyone knows climbing is good for the soul!

Today, I have found a new lease of life! It must be the weather. Dry. Cool. Bright. Good enough for me. I shot back from work and headed up through Altrincham over toward Tatton. I knocked out 32.1 miles and was still back for 5.30. Woo!



I'm back in the game. The bikes' coming to work with me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I made my excuses this morning and didn't ride in after a brutal game of footy last night. Kinda regret it looking at the conditions.

    ReplyDelete