Saturday 1 January 2011

'To wear the yellow jersey is to mingle with the Gods of cycling'

Unfortunately my jersey was blue and I'm sure that I'll never wear the maillot jaune.

I did go for my first ride of the year (Woo!). It was a nice 23.3 miler up to Wilmslow via Styal and back through Hale and Altrincham. It was cold and damp but very pleasant due to the lack of traffic. Getting used to the burning of the lactic acid again is a little uncomfortable but also warmingly familiar.



That's 39 miles off my total so just need to keep going. I've got a ride with Mr Bodemeaid booked in for tomorrow. A gentle leg warmer around Hayfield on the mountain bikes. I'll have to see if I can rouse Pob to join us as well.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, on a blog only you and I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road bikes are f*cking evil. I did a little 10 miles on mine on the 2nd just to try it out and see how I feel on it. I've now thrown my back out and I'm walking like Old Man Steptoe if he'd just been buggered. grrrrr

    ReplyDelete