Monday 10 January 2011

Plane Spotter

 On Sunday morning I did a chilly little road ride with my brother-in-law Paul.

We met in Northenden and rode through Styal and onto Wilmslow. A quick pit stop for cup of coffee and some cheese on toast and we cracked on upto the Airport. There is a little bridlepath walkway around the side of the runway off the A538, from there you can see the planes taking off and landing. It's quite nice in a geeky kinda way. As we were there an A380 came into land. Crap photo below.




The morning was finally warming up as we headed back over towards Didsbury. We took a detour through Heald Green and Bruntwood Park before popping back out into Cheadle. Quite a nice ride at a leisurely pace. Paul ducked out as we passed his house. Lots of Packing to do before heading out to Trinidad!

I rode on, heading through Didsbury and down into Ladybarn. I was feeling nostalgic and thought I'd visit my Grans' old house...

This is the house I spent a large part of my childhood in. Firstly living there with my Mum and Grandparents and later during school holidays. My (possibly rose tinted) memories of the area and the street are brought into sharp focus every time I go back.

I headed home. 30.7 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment